Search MyHealth

Treatments for Pelvic Organ Prolapse

Your Treatment Begins Here

Pelvic organ prolapse calls for the help of a specialist. Look for a urogynecologist, or a gynecologist who specializes in prolapse. Let's discuss your treatment options. There are a lot of options available with our specialists to restore your comfort and correct the prolapse. 

Knowing that you've chosen a doctor who specializes in the exact combination of medical know-how you need, there's a lot to feel good about. Get started with more treatment information here.

Treatments We Provide

  • Biofeedback

    Biofeedback is a mind-body technique that may be used to monitor your progress as you work to strengthen the muscles of the pelvic floor.

  • Pelvic Organ Prolapse Surgery

    Pelvic organ prolapse can be surgically repaired using stitches or surgical mesh. This surgery is performed either through the vagina or the abdomen.

  • Pessary

    A pessary is a removable device that is inserted into the vagina. It is designed to support the pelvic organ or organs that have prolapsed, keeping them in place.

  • Physical Therapy

    Your doctor may work with you on physical therapy for pelvic organ prolapse, including exercises to strengthen specific muscles of the pelvic floor.