Welcome to the Renucci Hospitality House
The Renucci Hospitality House provides affordable, homelike accommodations for families whose loved ones are hospitalized at Butterworth and Blodgett hospitals and Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital. This essential service supports Spectrum Health’s mission to improve the health of the communities we serve.
The Renucci Hospitality House was built in 1999 by philanthropic efforts. It stands as a testament to the generosity and commitment of thousands of donors who believe in the importance of having families close by when illness or accident occurs. The beautiful five-story building was designed to ensure that guests feel at home in a setting that is accessible, affordable, comfortable, clean and secure. Employees at the Renucci Hospitality House provide friendly and compassionate service and a concern for every guest’s needs for rest and renewal.
Comfort and Convenience
When a loved one is ill or injured, the last thing family members should have to worry about is finding a place to stay. The many comforts and conveniences of the Renucci Hospitality House allow family members to focus on helping their loved one heal as quickly and completely as possible, by conserving their own strength and energy.
- Private guest rooms with private baths
- Apartment-like suites for bone marrow transplant patients and their families
- Comfortable common areas where families can interact
- Full kitchen and dining room facilities where families can share a meal together
- A playroom for small children next to the kitchen and dining areas
- A large family room with cable television
- Laundry room
- Quiet rooms
- A library with books and computer with internet access
- Wi-Fi access
- An outdoor play are for children
- Appelt Family Garden -- where guest can enjoy the beauty of nature