About Our Service
The infectious disease program at Helen DeVos Children's Hospital provides expert consultation, diagnosis and treatment for all types of infections, including recurrent infections and infectious complications from other medical problems. We also provide evaluation and care for children with immune deficiencies and those with chronic or recurring fevers. Our services are offered both in and out of the hospital and include perinatal evaluation. Whether your child is experiencing persistent symptoms that need diagnosis or has a known illness, we can help.
Our team is also committed to preventing illness and infections when traveling out of the country and after return from travel. We offer consultation and immunizations for the whole family through a Travel Medicine Clinic, as well as urgent clinic visits for travel-related illnesses after returning.
Some of the conditions we treat include:
- Chronic fatigue
- Fevers (recurrent/chronic)
- HIV management and care (including perinatal evaluation)
- Immunodeficiency evaluation and care
- Infections from bacteria, viral, parasitic and fungal origins
- Bone and joint infections
- Chronic or recurrent infections
- Hepatitis B and C
- LymphadenopathyMethicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- Recurrent sinopulmonary infections
- Tuberculosis evaluation of foreign adoptees
- Viral infections
Features of Infectious Disease Program
Traveling out of the country with your family? Make sure a visit with our Travel Medicine Clinic is part of your planning. Our pediatric infectious disease specialists can help you all enjoy your time away by providing safety tips and immunizations for the entire family to prevent illness and infection.
We recommend you schedule a consultation at least a month in advance of your travel plans to allow time for any immunizations to take effect.