About Our Service
If you’ve experienced a major cardiovascular episode, treatment or surgery, you may be referred to our Cardiovascular Transitions program. We'll help you get back to a fuller and more active life. Our program is designed to support you during your stay in the hospital and help you transition to inpatient rehabilitation, if necessary, and then home through Spectrum Health At Home.
Our program is designed to help:
• Reduce your chances for re-admission to the hospital
• Educate you and your family on your cardiac condition and disease process
• Coordinate support from advanced heart failure and cardiovascular specialists and other health care providers
• Recognize early symptoms of heart trouble and how to monitor weight and intake of food and fluids
• Monitor your heart condition once you are home through home care and telehealth monitoring equipment, as needed
Patients who typically participate in Cardiovascular Transitions have experienced a heart transplant, LVAD (left ventricular assist device), congestive heart failure or TAVR (transcatheter aortic valve replacement).
The Fred and Lena Meijer Heart Center and Spectrum Health Rehabilitation have partnered to provide a cardiac specialty program for patients suffering from congestive heart failure, acute coronary syndrome and other heart and vascular conditions.