Win With Wellness Fit Club
Spectrum Health Ludington Hospital has partnered with Ludington Area Schools, Ludington Area Catholic School, Covenant Christian School, Mason County Central Schools, Mason County Eastern Schools, Hart Schools, Pentwater Schools and Baldwin to offer health and wellness opportunities for elementary students through the hospital’s Win with Wellness Fit Club Program.
The Win with Wellness Fit Club Program is designed to:
- Increase knowledge and awareness of healthy lifestyle choices;
- Create opportunities for physical fitness within our 100-mile challenge;
- Foster teamwork, goal setting, sportsmanship and a proactive approach to health;
- Offer fitness measurements through the school's physical education program;
- Offer Body Mass Index (a computation of height & weight) measurement for students to track fitness progress and program effectiveness; and
- Offer health educational opportunities around important health topics.
Online Miles Tracker
When: Wednesdays from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
When: Thursdays from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Fit Club students who participate in after school programs at the Mason County District Libraries will enjoy fun fitness activities, games, field trips and other exciting events focused on health and wellness.
- Students also earn miles toward the 100-mile challenge by participating in after school programs.
Turkey Trot 5k
Thursday, November 24 at 8 a.m.
Cartier Park in Ludington
- Spectrum Health Ludington Hospital and Win with Wellness are sponsoring the seventh annual Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning. The 5k run/walk starts at the Cartier Park parking lot at the corner of Bryant Road and Rath Avenue. There is no charge to participate and all ages and fitness levels are welcome to attend. Festive attire is encouraged. Fit Club students will earn miles toward the 100 Mile Challenge for participating in the Turkey Trot.
CrossFit for Kids
Friday, December 16, 2016 at 3:30 p.m.
Northstar Chiropractic/Ludington CrossFit
311 S. Rath Avenue, Ludington
- Fit Club students are invited to a free CrossFit session from 3:30 p.m. to 4:20 p.m. at Ludington CrossFit at 311 S. Rath Avenue.
Lakeside Rehab Kids Fitness Classes
39 S. State Street, Hart
- Free fitness classes are being offered twice a month at Lakeside Rehab & Family Fitness in Hart. These classes will feature fun, kid-friendly exercises and events. Students need to wear their Fit Club t-shirts to attend the free classes. Classes are held at 10 a.m. on December 3, December 17, January 14, January 28, February 11, February 25, March 11, March 25, April 8, April 22, May 6 and May 20. For more information, contact Mary Ann at 231.873.3577.