Win With Wellness Fit Club
Spectrum Health Ludington Hospital has partnered with Ludington Area Schools, Ludington Area Catholic School, Covenant Christian School, Mason County Central Schools, Mason County Eastern Schools, Hart Schools, Pentwater Schools, Walkerville and Baldwin to offer health and wellness opportunities for elementary students through the hospital’s Win with Wellness Fit Club program.
The Win with Wellness Fit Club Program is designed to:
- Increase knowledge and awareness of healthy lifestyle choices
- Create opportunities for physical fitness within our 100-mile challenge
- Foster teamwork, goal setting, sportsmanship and a proactive approach to health
- Offer fitness measurements through the school's physical education program
- Offer Body Mass Index (a computation of height & weight) measurement for students to track fitness progress and program effectiveness
- Offer health educational opportunities around important health topics
Students who participate in the 100-mile challenge earn prizes as milestones are met. Prizes include:
- Free admission to the West Shore Community College Recreation Center, ice arena and swimming pool
- Discounts at Snyder's Shoes and Johnny's Skate Center
- Free mini golf at the Ludington Area Jaycess mini golf course
- Free round of golf at Lakeside Links
- Free bucket of ball for the driving range at Golden Sands Golf Course in Mears
- Free kids groups at Northstar Chiropractic
- Free weekend fitness classes at Lakeside Family Fitness in Hart
- Free participation in the City of Ludington 5k events, Octoberfest, New Year's Eve and Irish Jig
- Free participation in the City of Scottville's Running with the Clowns 5k
- Free participation in the Baldwin Salmon Run
- And t-shirts, water bottles and other prizes given along the way
We hope to foster a love of health and fitness in the students so that their behaviors and choices will sustain them for a lifetime of wellness. Together, we can make a difference.
To register your child(ren) for the Fit Club program, please fill out the online registration form.
Online Miles Tracker
Students may earn a maximum of 10 at-home miles per month. Miles are due by the first Monday of every month. To record your miles online, please use the online miles tracker.
After School Programs
Where:Mason County District Library in Scottville
When: Wednesdays from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Where: Mason County District Library in Ludington
When: Thursdays from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Fit Club students who participate in after school programs at the Mason County District Libraries will enjoy fun fitness activities, games, field trips and other exciting events focused on health and wellness.
- Students also earn miles toward the 100-mile challenge by participating in after school programs.
What: Sunday Fun Day 2017
When: Sunday, June 4, 2017
Where: Front lawn of Spectrum Health Ludington Hospital
- All Fit Club students are invited to a year-end celebration to recognize their hard work and success during the 2016-2017 school year. 14 bicycles will be given away during the event. All Fit Club students who earned 100 miles or more in the Fit Club 100 Mile Challenge will be entered to win a bike from SpinDrift Cyclesports in Ludington. Each additional 25 miles above 100 earns an additional ticket for the drawing. Fit Club Sunday Fun Day is free and open to all Fit Club students and their families. Pre-register for Fit Club Sunday Fun Day.
What: CrossFit for Kids
When: Friday, April 21, 2017 at 3:30 p.m.
Where: Northstar Chiropractic/Ludington CrossFit 311 S. Rath Avenue, Ludington
- Fit Club students are invited to a free CrossFit session from 3:30 p.m. to 4:20 p.m. at Ludington CrossFit at 311 S. Rath Avenue.
What: Lakeside Rehab Kids Fitness Classes
Where: 39 S. State Street, Hart
When: Classes are held at 10 a.m. on April 22, May 6 and May 20.
- Free fitness classes are being offered twice a month at Lakeside Rehab & Family Fitness in Hart. These classes will feature fun, kid-friendly exercises and events. Students need to wear their Fit Club t-shirts to attend the free classes. For more information, contact Mary Ann at 231.873.3577.