Blood Tests and Other Laboratory Services
A blood test is when a small sample of blood is taken from the body and analyzed in a lab. Blood tests are a common and useful tool for confirming a medical condition-or the absence of one-and determining your best course of treatment.
Spectrum Health offers a full selection of tests available at numerous convenient locations throughout the Grand Rapids area. We offer:
- Easy access and convenient locations
- No appointments needed
- Blood test results that are reported to your physician promptly and accurately
- Routine results communicated to physicians in 24 to 48 hours
- Experienced professional team includes board-certified pathologists, PhD scientists, and certified clinical laboratory scientists, technologists and molecular specialists
- Pathologists (physicians who specialize in diagnosing medical conditions) are local and on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for consultation with your physician
Our team of experts includes 400 staff members and board-certified pathologists who perform nearly 4 million tests annually.
- 20 board-certified pathologists with subspecialty expertise and fellowship training in clinical pathology, cytopathology, forensic pathology, gynecologic-oncologic pathology, hematopathology, neuropathology and pediatric pathology
- PhD scientists in molecular biology, flow cytometry, cytogenetics, microbiology, virology and toxicology
- ASCP-certified clinical laboratory scientists, cytotechnologists and histotechnologists
- NCA-certified cytogenetic technologists and molecular specialists
View or download the informational flier with the address, phone and fax for each laboratory location.
Online Laboratory Catalog (for clinicians)
Advanced Technology Laboratories