Start your running season with the 33rd Annual Spectrum Health Irish Jig!
Saturday, March 19, 2016
The 2016 Irish Jig will feature one “staggered” start, beginning at 9 a.m.
Now in its 33rd year, the Irish Jig has grown to become one of Michigan’s premier 5K (3.1 mile) races. The USA Track & Field certified course is mostly flat with a few gentle hills. The start of the race is a short walk from the East Grand Rapids High School gym. Top age group winners receive prizes and top overall finishers receive cash awards.
Spectrum Health is proud to provide this event to promote colorectal cancer awareness. We look forward to seeing you on race day.
Register online for a discounted rate through noon on Thursday, March 17.
Online registration will close early if participation approaches race course capacity.
- $20 for 12 and younger
- $30 for 13 and older
Late registration will be available during packet pickup on Friday, March 18 and Saturday, March 19.
- $25 for 12 and younger
- $35 for 13 and older
Registrations are nontransferable and fees are nonrefundable.
Spectrum Health employees: if you are planning on running the Triple Crown, click here before proceeding with registering for the Irish Jig.
- Animals and baby strollers are not allowed on the course
- Walking the course is allowed, but participants must complete the route within 45 minutes
- In case of severe weather, event directors reserve the right to cancel the race without refunds
- Long-sleeved, technical shirts with this year’s race logo will be available in sizes XS to 3XL
- At packet pickup, a shirt will be given to 4,000 preregistered participants on a first-come basis; sizes cannot be guaranteed
- If extra shirts are available after the race, they will be sold for $10 each
Colorectal Cancer Awareness
Spectrum Health Cancer Center is proud to support colorectal cancer screenings, prevention and diagnostic services through the Spectrum Health Irish Jig.
Among cancers that affect men and women, colorectal cancer is the second leading cause of death in the United States, yet it is preventable. Thanks to increased awareness of the risks and symptoms, advances in screening tests and evolving treatment options, the number of people diagnosed and dying from colorectal cancer continues to decline. For more information, visit spectrumhealth.org/colon-rectal-cancer.
If you or someone you know has been diagnosed with colorectal cancer, call the Spectrum Health Cancer Center at 1.855.SHCANCER (1.855.754.2623). Please join Spectrum Health Cancer Center in supporting colorectal cancer awareness!
To donate to local colorectal cancer screenings, prevention and diagnostic services, please:
- Call the Spectrum Health Foundation at 616.391.2000
- Visit the Spectrum Health Foundation page
- Text CARE to 41010 to donate $10
- Setup your own fundraising page and engage your friends, coworkers and family in helping fight colorectal cancer
Gazelle Sports Triple Crown Series
The Gazelle Sports Triple Crown Series is a group of three road races in Grand Rapids and East Grand Rapids, Michigan. The series includes the Spectrum Health Irish Jig 5K, Brian Diemer Amerikam 5K and Reeds Lake Run 5K. Runners may participate in one, two or all three legs, but teams must enter and finish all three races to be eligible for the overall awards. Visit GazelleSports.com/TripleCrown for more information.
Hotline: 616.391.4JIG (4544)