Celebrate Heart Month With Us
We celebrate American Heart Month because we celebrate our patients. They are as diverse in backgrounds and stories as they are in heart health needs. From patients in their early years to those who are firmly rooted and full of life, Spectrum Health provides heart and vascular services beginning with prevention through heart transplants. Nearly 100 heart and vascular specialists are available day and night, moment to moment, contributing to infinite stories of healthy living.
Stay connected throughout February to improve your heart health.
- February 1: Heart month kicks-off
- February 3: National Wear Red Day®. Join us and wear red to support awareness for women’s heart health.
- February 7 to February 14: National Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week.
- February 8: Join us at the Grand Rapids Griffins game night as we celebrate the success of recent heart transplant patients and the doctors who helped them
- February 15: Doctor Dialogue Series “Stroke: Are You at Risk?” featuring Drs. Muhib Khan and Eanas Yassa. This free community event will take place at the Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park and focus on how to avoid stroke through lifestyle changes and medical management. You'll also get more information on the signs and symptoms of stroke, the latest treatment options and how to get help FAST. A light dinner will be served. To register, visit spectrumhealth.org/doctordialogue or call 616.267.2626 Option 4.
- February 24: The American Heart Association's annual Go Red for Women Annual Luncheon at DeVos Place in Grand Rapids. Contact the AHA's Courtney Failer for more information or visit heart.org.