Heart & Vascular Physicians
Medical experts at the Frederik Meijer Heart & Vascular Institute are leaders in their fields. We have more than 90 cardiologists, electrophysiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons, advanced heart failure and transplantation specialists and vascular surgeons available, many of whom are engaged in research and teaching as well as patient care.
Our clinical team includes:
- Cardiologists – physicians who deal with the heart and its blood vessels
- Cardiothoracic surgeons – doctors who perform surgeries on the heart and other organs in the chest
- Electrophysiologists – doctors who specialize in heart rhythms and the heart’s electrical system
- Heart failure specialists – doctors who are experts in the treatment of advanced heart failure
- Cardiovascular radiologists – physicians with advanced training in noninvasive cardiovascular imaging, including CT and MRI as well as catheter procedures guided by imaging for minimally invasive treatment.
- Vascular surgeons – specialists in the diagnosis, medical management, critical care, surgery and endovascular or minimally invasive techniques for the treatment of vascular disease.
- Nurses – specially trained nurses who specialize in treating seriously ill patients. These nurses are certified in advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) and specially trained in treating heart disease.
Each of our providers values the personal interactions and relationships we build with patients and their families. As partners in your heart and vascular care, we offer:
- The latest, most advanced treatment options available
- Compassion and respect for each patient's individual needs
- A commitment to cardiac wellness and women's heart health
- Leadership in clinical research and education
- Dedication to providing you with the right care, at the right time, in the right place
To find a Spectrum Health heart or vascular specialist, visit our online Physician Finder or call 616.391.5999.