Heart Care Awards and Recognitions
Awards, recognitions and certifications say a lot about health care quality. Meijer Heart Center has been widely recognized for the quality of our care.
Thomson Reuters Top 100 Cardiovascular Hospital
Spectrum Health has been named to Thomson Reuters Top 100 Cardiovascular Hospitals in the nation nine times. Top 100 cardiovascular hospital winners have:
- 17 percent lower mortality rates for heart attack patients.
- 10 percent lower mortality rates for heart failure patients.
- 27 percent lower mortality for bypass surgery patients.
- 22 percent lower mortality following percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI).
- Fewer post-operative complications - 99 percent of patients were complication-free
Other Important Heart Care Awards and Distinctions
*Designation as a Blue Distinction Center® means this facility's overall experience and aggregate data met objective criteria established in collaboration with expert clinicians' and leading professional organizations' recommendations. Individual outcomes may vary. To find out which services are covered under your policy at any facilities, please call the customer service number on the back of your Blue Cross and/or Blue Shield identification card or call your local Blue Cross and/or Blue Shield plan.