If you need a copy of a birth certificate, please contact the Kent County Clerk's office in Michigan at 616.632.7640, or you can order a copy online by visiting accesskent.com.
Corrections: If you need to get a birth certificate corrected, contact the state of Michigan at 517.335.8895 or visit mi.gov.
- Spectrum Health is required by the state of Michigan to file birth certificates within five days of delivery. Our birth certificate staff will help complete all required information before submitting the certificate.
- We will assist with paternity acknowledgement during your hospital stay. For more information regarding the establishment of paternity, visit mi.gov.
- Spectrum Health birth certificate staff will assist with Social Security card requests for your newborn. Once a request has been filed, you should receive your newborn's Social Security card and number within four to six weeks. For more information, contact the Social Security Administration at 800.772.1213.
- Our birth certificate staff will provide you with a complimentary footprint card. This card will include your newborn's footprints, time and date of birth, weight and length. Please note the footprint card is not a legal document.
- For more information, please visit the official State of Michigan web site at mi.gov.