Strengthen Your Heart ... Do Your Part
1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Enter the cost information for the detail page
Strengthen Your Heart ... Do Your Part is a free heart failure education program for patients and their families. The program was designed by a team including a heart failure doctor, cardiovascular nurses, clinical pharmacy specialists, registered dietitians and social workers to help patients and families understand heart failure. This relaxed and highly informative session will help patients successfully manage heart failure and improve their quality of life.
The program features basic information and lifestyle changes to successfully live with heart failure. Patients will learn:
- To identify heart failure related symptoms such as shortness of breath, swelling and feeling tired.
- How to properly take and track medications.
- The importance of proper nutrition such as limiting salty foods.
- What to ask their doctor if they are having trouble following recommendations.
- How to live an active and healthy lifestyle.
- These concepts will be reviewed in a fun and interactive game of “Heart Failure Jeopardy.”