This program is designed to educate nurses and other health care professionals in current, state-of-the-art practices in cancer care.
- Discuss pain management from a whole person perspective.
- Describe interventions that might be used in coaching for smoking cessation
- Discuss the latest technology for management of cancer patients in remote locations using telehealth.
- Describe the many options available using integrative therapy in the care of cancer patients.
- Provide nurses with techniques in caring for self.
Who Should Attend:This conference is for nurses, pharmacists, radiology staff, medical assistants and other health professionals who care for cancer patients.
Contact Hour Credit:Nursing: This activity has been submitted to the Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) for approval to award contact hours. ONS is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Pharmacy: Application has been made for continuing education credits for pharmacists from the state of Michigan.
Radiology: Application has been made for continuing education credits for radiology staff from the American Society of Radiologic Technologists.
$75 per person for Spectrum Health staff members
$110 per person for non-Spectrum Health attendees
The conference fee includes break, refreshments, lunch and syllabus. On-site parking is free.