Thursday, December 8
6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Every new mom wonders (and often worries) about breastfeeding. This class is for you! We think this topic receives lots of confusing—and sometimes misguided—publicity. Our certified lactation instructor will take the mystery out of this unique aspect of motherhood. Don’t laugh, but we ask that you bring a baby-sized doll or stuffed animal with you so you can practice holding and positioning—it works! Your support person is encouraged to join you. We’ll discuss:
- How breastfeeding works
- How it affects you, your baby, your partner and your post- pregnancy experience
- How to help your baby “get it” with latch-on tips
- How to hold your baby while breastfeeding so both of you are comfy and cozy
- How to know when/if your baby is getting enough to eat
- How to nurse a sleepy baby and be a pro at burping
- What’s the deal on pumping, how it works and do you have to do it
- How to plan for the transition of going back to work
Free on-site parking is available.
Class offered monthly.
Download a prenatal education class offerings brochure (PDF, 552KB)
*Spectrum Health directly bills all insurance companies for this class. Your insurance may or may not cover the cost of this class. You will be responsible for any part of the bill not covered by your insurance.
Call 616.267.2626, option 4 or toll-free 877.495.2626, option 4 to register by phone.