Millions of passengers travel by air every year, often crossing international borders. Remaining safe and healthy during the journey is a top priority for every traveler.
Spectrum Health Travel Medicine can help. We offer comprehensive travel services, travel vaccines and up-to-date advice to a diverse group of travelers of all ages. We have served missionaries, students, business travelers and leisure travelers since 2002. Our mission is to promote safe and healthy travel.
Traveling outside the United States, whether for business or pleasure, brings with it numerous requirements and concerns. Spectrum Health Travel Medicine makes it easy. We offer all the necessary immunizations, as well as counseling and information on common health hazards for a specific destination.
We are a full service travel clinic and a certified yellow fever vaccination center. In addition, we offer travel-related vaccines that can protect against typhoid, hepatitis A and B, Japanese encephalitis, rabies, meningitis, polio and other infections.
Services are provided by a dedicated and experienced staff of physicians, nurses, physician assistants and clinical staff.
View or download the flier with information on our services, as well as the address and phone number for our location.
When Should You Schedule Your Appointment?
We recommend that you schedule your appointment at least four to six weeks prior to your departure. We can accommodate travelers on shorter notice, but time may not allow for the completion of certain immunization series prior to departure.
What to Expect at Your Visit
Travel Consultation and Vaccinations
- Travel vaccines that are safe for you and recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization and other international travel authorities
- Specific trip advice based on current CDC and International SOS recommendations
- Prescriptions for malaria, traveler's diarrhea, jet lag and other travel-related conditions
- Counseling on common health hazards at your destination, including prevention of insect- and water-borne illnesses and other transmittable infections
- Counseling and advice for travelers with special needs, children and pets
- General advice on how to remain healthy while traveling, including education about the prevention of common travel-related diseases
- Information regarding air-travel related diseases, jet lag, motion and altitude illness, traveler's diarrhea and other issues
- Timely information on recent infectious outbreaks, health care standards, and health care availability at the destination
- Up-to-date information on safety and security alerts at the destination, safe and unsafe areas, political updates, and emergency information
- Documentation of travel vaccinations that you receive in our clinic in the internationally accepted International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis (ICVP) card
Payment and Insurance Considerations
Payment is due at the time of service. We accept cash, check or credit card. We do not bill health insurance carriers directly. However, we provide travelers with a detailed statement which may be submitted for reimbursement. When you call to make an appointment, ask our customer service representative about our service fees.